This is crazy fourteen weeks done, ds106 is over! This past week Alaina, Ashleigh, and I finalized our project! Our project continued our radio show theme and content.
For our final project we created a tumblr that served as our radio show Distress Signal’s online news presence. This week we proof read our news articles which consisted of a post introducing us as hosts, and introduction article, an article for each of our superheros, and finally a concluding “where are they now” article. Then since tumblr works as the most recent post goes to the top we had to carefully organize the order of our posts. Then mainly this week we filmed and edited our video interviews. This was a major component of our project so we spent a lot of time making those center pieces for our “website”. We met three times this week to really help create a cohesive flow for our interview videos even though we all filmed them separately. We did this by having the same intro/outro and also by having matching text subtitles on our videos.
Overall our tumblr looks very official, and the content on our page is extremely thought out and related into not only our characters but our radio show project as well! I love our finished project because it incorporates so many different aspects of the topics we covered throughout this course!
Special shout out to Alaina and Ashleigh for helping make both of these projects so awesome!
Check out our tumblr here: Distress Signal News